bmw forums   bmw forums

Go Back   BMW Forums > BMW Car Forums > BMW 7-Series Forum

Notices

BMW 7-Series Forum BMW 7-Series Forum

BMW Forum: 2010 BMW 750Li disappointments

Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 AM

Red face 2010 BMW 750Li disappointments

Dear All!

Up to a week ago I was the proud owner of a 2008 BMW750Li with at time of trade in 100,002 miles. Running out of the certified warranty made me change the car. I now own a 2010 BMW750LI AWD and cannot say I am particularly happy with this car. I have driven near 900 miles in this car so far and am about 3 hours on the road every day.

I wonder if others have similar experiences. I compare my 2010 to the previous 2008.

What happened to the convenient cruise control?? I miss the 'always on', tap to engage cruise and the pre-progammable speeds. I miss these preprogrammed speeds as I used them every day (25, 35, 45, 65 and 78 mph set by me). Just click through them to get to the speed you want, very convenient, now gone.

What is with the new rock hard seats? The suspension sends each and every road bump straight to the passengers, even in Comfort mode. To be honest, I feel no noticeable difference between the 4 settings (comfort to sport +). Could something not be working right? is there a way of getting more padding in the seat where you sit on? I have tried a kitchen chair pad which helps a bit but in a 100k car... come on!

Who came up with the idea of locating the cup holders in a location that block all heater controls??

What happened to those convenient drawers in the center console for sun glasses etc? Oh, yes, there is a ash tray buried down there. If you do have cups in the holders you better are not a smoker because it is impossible to reach this ash tray.

Who decided to reduce the limited space in the arm rest console to even less space?

Did they remove all padding out of the arm rests or is it just me who seems to notice this plank? Anyone who has ideas to stuff this somehow, I am open to ideas!

What happened to the convenient location of the 'auto hold' (programmable star) button on the steering wheel? I used it every day. Now it is in an awkward position on the center console, hard to reach and on top of that this button seems to have an ultra slow response (increase scan time, hint).

Why these rock hard run flat tires?? To save the expense of a spare tire?

Why is there more engine noise? It used to be a very low comfortable distant hum, now it is a clearly noticeable low frequency sound (this is a luxury sedan, right?).

This car is in serious need of the ZF 8-speed. Engine RPM at cruise speeds now nears 2,500. On the 2008 it was more like 2,200.

I have found only actual two improvements on this vehicle; the garage door transmitter range is now reasonable so I don't have to be at my door before it picks up and the engine is amazing. Put these two items into the 2008 package and voila, perfect car. I have seriously considered taking this 2010 back to the dealer, cut my losses and get my old 2008 back, warranty left or not.

Looking forward to your comments!

Tags
2010 bmw750 li, comfort mode, cup holders, hard seats, programmable cruise